This course has been designed to meet the minimum standard for Working at Height Training for Supervisors, Assessors or Managers in Singapore, as recommended in the WSH (Work at Heights) Regulations 2013 and the Approved Code of Practice for Working Safely at Height (2011). The course is for anyone involved in the supervision, planning / assessment or management of work at height activities.
The aim of the course is to provide Learners with the requisite WAH knowledge to manage work-at-height activities, so that work can be carried out safely. At the end of the course, the Learner shall be able to:
- Identify, explain and apply the relevant Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Legislations / Approved Code of Practice / Singapore Standards applicable to Work-at-Heights (WAH)
- Identify and explain the Roles & Responsibilities of stakeholders, competent and responsible persons.
- Identify hazards, evaluate the risk, and implement control measures for WAH activities
- Review the necessary fall preventive / protective control measures for safe execution of WAH activities
- Establish, evaluate, review and implement a Fall Prevention Plan
- Establish and implement a system for an effective monitoring and control of WAH risks
- Demonstrate competency in donning, checking and correcting of Individual Fall Protection Equipment and Responding to a fall emergency.
Assumed Skills & Knowledge
The Learner should have at least WSQ ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4 and above or equivalent and the ability to carry out hazards identification, risk assessment, and risk control measures.
1 Facilitator to 20 Trainees