An Advanced rope access technician shall:
- be capable of site supervision for rope access work projects;
- be conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation;
- be able to demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of basic and intermediate;
- have a comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques;
- hold an appropriate current first aid certificate, to show that suitable emergency first aid training has been undertaken;
- have knowledge of the SRAA certification scheme;
- have knowledge of the SRAA General requirements;
- be familiar with the contents of the SRAA Guidelines;
- For operator(s) / companies who requires to use rope access method as a means of access to perform their tasks.
- For operator who wish to upgrade themselves and/or operational needs for an advance rope skill operator to be on site.
- To supervise in a complex worksite.
Assumed Skills & Knowledge
- The Learner is recommended to have at least WSQ ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4 and above or equivalent. Basic knowledge workplace safety, processes, procedures, practices and activities.
- The learner shall be a qualified basic rope access technician with a minimum of 6 months and 500 hours of work experience (hours to be verified by a logbook).
8 Participants (min 2)
6 Days / 48 hours (Including 1-day independent assessment)